Wondering what delicious recipe to make for Pancake Day? We suggest a classic, blueberry pancakes an healthy and yummy choice for the whole family!
- For about 14 pancakes
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons butter, for the pan
- Maple syrup, for serving
Make the pancakes:
- Take a large bowl whisk together egg yolks, sour cream, milk, sugar, salt, baking powder and vanilla.
- Take another large bowl in which add flour and blueberries and toss to combine, make sure berries are fully coated in flour.
- Add flour mixture to the wet milk mixture, and stir to combine. The batter will be thick, so don’t worry if there’s a lot of clumps left.
- Add egg whites to a large bowl. Beat using a handheld mixer until the whites begin to form soft peaks.
- With a rubber spatula fold egg whites into flour/sour cream mixture, stirring until incorporated.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Ladle 1/3 cup scoops of the batter into the skillet, only cooking a few at a time so they don’t blend together.
- Cook pancakes until the edges begin to brown and the top of the batter bubbles, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Top pancakes with syrup and extra blueberries, or anything else your heart desires!
- Enjoy with your loved ones!